By Jura Yanagihara
The AWF Executive Committee (ExCom) held its annual meeting in São Paulo from March 14th to 18th. The business meetings occurred in a warm environment, with many fruitful discussions. The AWF ExCom also met with the Board of Directors of the Brazilian C.&M.A. (ACEMBRAS) and participated in the AWF Missions Consultation.
Some important decisions were made:
– The AWF Global Network of Missions Leaders was formed in order to share the vision for the future of Alliance missions and build a roadmap to reach common goals. The next meeting is scheduled to November 13th and 14th, 2017.
– The members and the chairman of the AWF International Commission on Theological Education (AWF-ICTE) were appointed.
– Ecuador was selected as the host country for the 2020 AWF Quadrennial Convocation.
– A new logo for AWF was adopted and it will be used in all AWF official communication platforms.
– An AWF Foundation in the United States of America will be formed to facilitate financial operations. The AWF Foundation in the Netherlands will continue to operate.
We ask you to continue to pray for this ministry.