The Alliance World Fellowship unites churches and ministries with the following specific purposes:
- To affirm our commitment to the Bible, God’s Word, as His complete and authoritative written revelation to man.
- To bear testimony to the particular truths of the Fourfold Gospel: Christ our Saviour, Sanctifier, Healer and Coming King.
- To support and encourage one another in the task of Mission and Evangelism which we understand to be the special calling of the church.
- To provide opportunity and encourage expression of fellowship among members of the Alliance World Fellowship.
- To provide a non-legislative means of consultation and cooperation among the world community of the member churches.
- To share our mutual concerns and insights relating to the various crucial spiritual and temporal issues of the church.
- To promote ministerial and missionary education.
- To uphold one another in prayer and administer relief in times of crisis.
- To advance unity of theological and moral standards among the members of the Alliance World Fellowship.
- To promote the exchange of personnel in special areas of ministry.
The Alliance World Fellowship is organized in five Regions:
The Regions elect a Regional Cordinator and a Coordinating Committee during the AWF Quadrennial Convotation. The last Convocation took place in 2008 in Santiago, Chile. The next one is scheduled in May 15-19, 2012 in Toronto, Canada. The Regional Coordinators form the AWF Executive Committee, together with the President and the Treasurer, who are elected during the Quadrennial Convocation by all members present.