17 Girls died when a fire broke out in a dorm in Wiang Pa Pao. Pastor Nipon Luang-gern, president of the Alliance Churches in Thailand reports six of these children were from one Alliance church in Khun Mae Pao.
The fire broke out about 11pm on the first floor. Many of the children who were asleep on the second floor could not escape as the flames devoured the two-story building. Initial investigations indicate that a malfunctioning light bulb ignited the fire
Please pray for the Church and especially for the families of these children. Pastor Nipon is planning to hold a memorial service on Monday, May 30, 2016.
On behalf of the international Alliance family the AWF send a token of love for the bereaved families.